Having a new baby is an incredible life-changing event. There is nothing comparable.
It can also be a time of stress for the new mother and family.
One way to reduce stress and reestablish equilibrium is to meditate.
There are enormous benefits to meditation. Meditation can help one to:
- Sharpen concentration
- Deal effectively with stress
- Release deep reserves of energy
- Transform anger
- Leave behind painful memories and live fully in the present
- Develop unsuspected capacities of insight and understanding
- Learn to love more fully than one had ever thought possible
- Discover a unique contribution to life
Silent repetition of memorized inspirational passages from the world’s great religions.
Practiced for one-half hour each morning.
Eight Point Program developed by Sri Eknath Easwaran
If you are interested in learning how to meditate, the link below will direct you to the Blue Mountain Center of Meditation.
Look up Michael Nagler’s “How To Meditate” on You Tube
Julie is a member of the Northeast Satsang affiliated with the Blue Mountain Center of Meditation. The Northeast Satsang meets every 3 months in Ossining, NY for one day and weekend satsangs. If you are interested in attending one of these satsangs, email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org